Letchworth pupils sought for reunion
- Credit: Archant
People have been reminiscing about their schooldays ahead of a class reunion more than 30 years on.
A reunion is being held for the pupils of the class of 1982 who attended The Highfield School in Letchworth GC.
The event has been organised by Susan Ansell - nee Colwell - and coordinated via a page on social networking site Facebook, called ‘Highfield School-year 1982’. So far there are 50 people confirmed as attending.
Susan said: “Organising The Highfield School class of 1982 reunion has been challenging but very rewarding. It’s going to be great catching up with old friends. It would be good to track down more of the year group, as this will be the first time we have met up for 30 years.”
Past pupils have left memories of their schooldays on the Facebook page. One past pupil wrote: “Remember when a pupil wrote on the desk in a maths lesson ‘marker pens don’t rub off’ and Mr Stacey, the teacher, wrote underneath it ‘but they do disappear’ and confiscated the pen.”
You may also want to watch:
Another past pupil wrote: “When the school installed a payphone we used to have competitions to see how many of us could fit in. Of course, the sides collapsed and that was the end of that.”
One Facebook post described a school play: “Miss Constantine, the science teacher, was playing a big bass drum and kept reciting the words ‘Boom Boom’ and enacting all the moves to it. Mr Seabrook, the history teacher, was dressed as a fairy. So, so hilarious.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
Susan remembers Mr Fordham. “He was my metal work and careers teacher. He got me my first work experience placement within a solicitors and my career spiralled from there.”
The reunion is being held at Osinsky’s Bar and Grill in Hitchin on Sundayat 1pm.