Data protection and ePrivacy advice on offer at Letchworth drop-in clinic
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
To mark Data Protection Day on Tuesday, a Letchworth-based data protection company are offering free advice to local businesses.
Suze Phillips, director of Data Protection Services at Garden City Assurance Ltd, is offering a data protection and ePrivacy drop-in clinic for businesses who may be seeking advice, from simple privacy queries to the thorny issue of GDPR.
The free event is particularly directed at start-ups or small businesses who might benefit from guidance early in their profession.
"Getting things right from the beginning is far better than having to struggle in the event of a customer complaint or a breach or regulatory action", Suze said. "And often it's the simple things that make the most difference.
"Whether you want to know, 'Can I use this bought-in marketing list?', 'What is this PECR you keep talking about?,' 'When do I need consent?,' or a simple 'Does my Privacy Notice pass muster?', we can offer pragmatic advice and get you on the right track. "The clinic will also be a chance to meet other business owners, and get the advice you need to increase your competitive advantage."
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday's drop-in clinic will be held at the first floor of The Third Pace, Eastcheap House, in Garden Square Shopping Centre, from 10am to 6pm - with refreshments available all day.
For more information visit the Garden City Assurance Facebook page - which offers regular blogs offering advice and guidance - or email Suze at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas