Hitchin schoolchildren celebrate uniqueness during Feeling Good Week
- Credit: Archant
Children at a Hitchin school spent last week celebrating their unique personalities and interests as part of Feeling Good Week 2018.
The initiative at Strathmore Infant and Nursery School saw the youngsters go on bracing walks, spread kindness by decorating pebbles, and more.
On Friday they used healthy ingredients to create their own snacks, including smoothies, smiley biscuits, gingerbread men and more.
Each child created a Marvellous Me box, which they decorated and filled with items representing what is important to them.
Teacher Tracey Mountney said: “It is so important for children and young people to recognise the traits and skills which make them unique and special.The children loved creating their boxes and sharing the importance of each item with others.”
You may also want to watch:
The Friends of Strathmore School Association gave £500 to support the initiative, which head Bernadette Holmes called “wonderful”.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie