Hitchin school funding campaigners to hold open meeting next week
- Credit: Archant
School funding campaigners are to hold an open meeting in Hitchin next week, ahead of a national day of action.
The Hitchin and Harpenden Parents Against School Cuts campaign is to hold the meeting at Purwell Primary School, off Fairfield Way, from 7.45pm on Wednesday, October 10.
A panel of speakers will include Hitchin North county councillor Judi Billing, Priory School head Geraint Edwards and an NUT representative.
Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami has been invited, but has indicated he probably will not make it as the meeting clashes with his parliamentary commitments.
Herts County Council education portfolio holder Councillor Terry Douris has also been invited.
Campaigner Kay Tart told the Comet they would be promoting the open meeting in Hitchin’s Market Place this Saturday.
She added that for October 17, which has been declared a School Cuts National Day of Action, the campaign will be asking parents, children and teachers to upload videos themselves ‘flossing for funding’.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event