Hitchin school funding campaigners to hold open meeting next week
- Credit: Archant
School funding campaigners are to hold an open meeting in Hitchin next week, ahead of a national day of action.
The Hitchin and Harpenden Parents Against School Cuts campaign is to hold the meeting at Purwell Primary School, off Fairfield Way, from 7.45pm on Wednesday, October 10.
A panel of speakers will include Hitchin North county councillor Judi Billing, Priory School head Geraint Edwards and an NUT representative.
Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami has been invited, but has indicated he probably will not make it as the meeting clashes with his parliamentary commitments.
Herts County Council education portfolio holder Councillor Terry Douris has also been invited.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigner Kay Tart told the Comet they would be promoting the open meeting in Hitchin’s Market Place this Saturday.
She added that for October 17, which has been declared a School Cuts National Day of Action, the campaign will be asking parents, children and teachers to upload videos themselves ‘flossing for funding’.
- 1 Regeneration plans submitted to 'breathe new life' into Stevenage retail park
- 2 Man suffers head injury after fall from moving car
- 3 Video of woman spewing racial hate in Hitchin goes viral
- 4 Stevenage teen sentenced after sexually abusing young boys
- 5 Proposed 5G mast labelled 'monstrosity' by objecting residents and councillors
- 6 Bomb squad attends residential street in Letchworth
- 7 Surprise care home inspection finds residents at risk
- 8 Demolition work begins on former Matalan site to make way for flats
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Lasting tribute to schoolgirl after tragic death