Hitchin school funding campaigners to hold open meeting next week
- Credit: Archant
School funding campaigners are to hold an open meeting in Hitchin next week, ahead of a national day of action.
The Hitchin and Harpenden Parents Against School Cuts campaign is to hold the meeting at Purwell Primary School, off Fairfield Way, from 7.45pm on Wednesday, October 10.
A panel of speakers will include Hitchin North county councillor Judi Billing, Priory School head Geraint Edwards and an NUT representative.
Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami has been invited, but has indicated he probably will not make it as the meeting clashes with his parliamentary commitments.
Herts County Council education portfolio holder Councillor Terry Douris has also been invited.
You may also want to watch:
Campaigner Kay Tart told the Comet they would be promoting the open meeting in Hitchin’s Market Place this Saturday.
She added that for October 17, which has been declared a School Cuts National Day of Action, the campaign will be asking parents, children and teachers to upload videos themselves ‘flossing for funding’.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of harassment after Stevenage and Preston incidents
- 2 What can I do and what opens when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday, April 12?
- 3 Who is Slove? Spate of Stevenage graffiti prompts police appeal
- 4 Pictured: The first pints, haircuts, swims and more as lockdown restrictions ease
- 5 Inside the breathtaking £2.6million historic house that has its own 'party barn'
- 6 Have you seen missing man from Stevenage?
- 7 Stevenage's play areas set to reopen for first time in months
- 8 Former Hitchin and Stevenage MP Shirley Williams dies aged 90
- 9 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 10 Have you seen wanted Stevenage man?