Hitchin Library formally reopened following revamp
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Dozens of guests joined the team at Hitchin Library to celebrate the formal reopening of the site on Tuesday.
Councillor Terry Douris, Herts County Council’s cabinet member for libraries, was there to give a speech and help the library manager Bekah Nicolas cut a commemorative cake.
Mr Douris was he was delighted to have been able to help celebrate the library’s refurbishment.
He said: “It was a terrific achievement for all those involved, and it’s great to hear that 431 new members have joined the library since January.
“The feedback from library customers has been really positive – this library is much-loved and well used by the local community, and we hope these improvements will make it an even more welcoming and friendly space.”
You may also want to watch:
The library opened its doors again in February after a two-month revamp, which has seen a public toilet and community meeting room added.
To find out more about it, look up @hitchinlibrary on Twitter and Facebook.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?