Not-for-profit Hitchin youth IT training centre opens
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A not-for-profit training centre specialising in IT qualification for youngsters aged 16 to 18 has opened in Hitchin.
Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami was there to cut the ribbon at the Develop centre in Wilbury Way, along with career and business advisors and school representatives.
Mark Pike, chief executive of the Develop chain, said: “I am proud to be opening another centre to provide young people with real opportunities to fulfil their potential, and to support them to move into employment.
“But is it more than a training centre – it is the skills of the staff to engage and inspire our students to believe in themselves and succeed.”
Mr Afolami said: “Develop is a fantastic example of social mobility in action, helping young people in Hitchin to get high-quality training in IT and digital skills. Mark Pike and his team are passionate about improving the life chances of the next generation, and I support them as they try to do so.”
You may also want to watch:
Develop, whose head office is in Ampthill, also has locations in Bedford, Luton, Dunstable, Milton Keynes and Norwich.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 10 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas