Hitchin dancing dads take a dip into Swan Lake
- Credit: Archant
Four rather unusual swans took to the stage on Saturday to take flight in a ballet school’s annual dance recital.
James Jury, Steve Hague, Joel Ide and Andrew Russell slipped on tutus, tights and ballet shoes for the Hitchin School of Dance show.
The four dads, who all have children at the dance school, performed Cygnet Quartet from Swan Lake.
Computer programmer James has taken inspiration from his nine-year-old daughter Pippa and son Mitch, 11, who have been going to the school for about five years.
The 40-year-old, who lives in Hitchin’s Bearton Avenue, said: “My wife put me forward for it, I wasn’t desperately into putting on a tutu, but I will do anything to embarrass the kids. It was stressful, nerve wracking, embarrassing, I have never done anything like this before but it was good fun. It was definitely an experience.
“We didn’t keep the tutus, but we did keep the tights and ballet shoes. So you never know, maybe I’ll put them on again to do the washing up.”
School principal Lorrayne Spindler took the four men under her wing.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
She said: “They have worked so hard and their enthusiasm and commitment has completely overwhelmed me.”