Hitchin dancing dads take a dip into Swan Lake
- Credit: Archant
Four rather unusual swans took to the stage on Saturday to take flight in a ballet school’s annual dance recital.
James Jury, Steve Hague, Joel Ide and Andrew Russell slipped on tutus, tights and ballet shoes for the Hitchin School of Dance show.
The four dads, who all have children at the dance school, performed Cygnet Quartet from Swan Lake.
Computer programmer James has taken inspiration from his nine-year-old daughter Pippa and son Mitch, 11, who have been going to the school for about five years.
The 40-year-old, who lives in Hitchin’s Bearton Avenue, said: “My wife put me forward for it, I wasn’t desperately into putting on a tutu, but I will do anything to embarrass the kids. It was stressful, nerve wracking, embarrassing, I have never done anything like this before but it was good fun. It was definitely an experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t keep the tutus, but we did keep the tights and ballet shoes. So you never know, maybe I’ll put them on again to do the washing up.”
School principal Lorrayne Spindler took the four men under her wing.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
She said: “They have worked so hard and their enthusiasm and commitment has completely overwhelmed me.”