Hitchin ballet school dancers perform in London’s West End
- Credit: Archant
Students from a Hitchin ballet school shone like professionals as they trod the boards in the West End.
The 22 dancers, from the Lesnick School of Ballet and Theatre Arts, danced on Sunday at the Shaftesbury Theatre.
They spent the day there, rehearsing on stage and looking around backstage before dancing in the evening. The dancers, aged two to 15, performed The Tales of Beatrix Potter.
“It was a long day but they handled it like professionals,” said teacher Vickie Lesnick, who added: “I was very proud of everyone.”
Actor Adam Astill, who is the school’s patron, said: “Performing on a West End stage is a magical experience, and one I’m sure the students will never forget.”
You may also want to watch:
Parents were united in saying it had been an unforgettable evening.
One said: “The whole experience was extraordinary, and there was such warmth in the audience and excitement as everyone was looking out for their little stars on the stage.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
The school is based in Hitchin and Letchworth.