Hertfordshire’s children’s centres to stay open after new contracts awarded
- Credit: Archant
All of Hertfordshire’s children’s centres will remain open after the county council awarded new contracts which will save £2million over the next three years.
From 1 April 2015 17 organisations will be responsible for managing Hertfordshire’s newly formed children’s centre groupings.
The organisations include maintained schools, nursery schools, academies, a further education college, national and local charities, and a leisure trust, some of which are already current providers.
A spokesman from the county council said redundancies may be made but they would be up to the organisations running the centre’s and nothing to do with the county council.
Cabinet member for children’s services Richard Roberts said: “I am delighted that the new children’s centre programme builds on all the locally acquired knowledge and understanding of our communities to deliver the right levels of support.
“This will ensure that our children get the flying start to life that they need.
“Early years standards are already high in Hertfordshire, this new programme should build on that strength giving families the right level of support and confidence to succeed with their children.”
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport
- 10 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
The full list of children’s centre providers from April 2015 can be found on our website at www.hertsdirect.org/media.