Hertfordshire’s children’s centres to stay open after new contracts awarded
- Credit: Archant
All of Hertfordshire’s children’s centres will remain open after the county council awarded new contracts which will save £2million over the next three years.
From 1 April 2015 17 organisations will be responsible for managing Hertfordshire’s newly formed children’s centre groupings.
The organisations include maintained schools, nursery schools, academies, a further education college, national and local charities, and a leisure trust, some of which are already current providers.
A spokesman from the county council said redundancies may be made but they would be up to the organisations running the centre’s and nothing to do with the county council.
Cabinet member for children’s services Richard Roberts said: “I am delighted that the new children’s centre programme builds on all the locally acquired knowledge and understanding of our communities to deliver the right levels of support.
You may also want to watch:
“This will ensure that our children get the flying start to life that they need.
“Early years standards are already high in Hertfordshire, this new programme should build on that strength giving families the right level of support and confidence to succeed with their children.”
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
The full list of children’s centre providers from April 2015 can be found on our website at www.hertsdirect.org/media.