GCSE RESULTS: The Knights Templar School, Baldock
STUDENTS at the Knights Templar school have fared lower in their GCSE results in comparison to last year.
Sixty nine per cent of pupils achieved five or more A* to C grades including English and maths and 76 per cent achieved five or more A* to C grades.
Headteacher Andrew Pickering said: “Results at GCSE at Knights Templar fell in comparison to last year’s best ever results. This is due to a fall in GCSE English results, a picture which appears to be mirrored across the country. We will be appealing over these English grades.”
46 per cent of pupils got three or more A*s and A grades including 13 students who achieved seven or more A*s.
Among the high achievers were James Dougall who achieved 15 A*s, Aidan Tilbury gained 12 A*s, William Budd got nine A*s, Lizzie Evens achieved nine A*s, Max Johnson secured nine A*s, Nathan Sprittles got nine A*s, Cleo Sullivan gained nine A*s while Cameron Dennis achieved eight A*s.
Mr Pickering added: “I want to pay tribute to the hard work and commitment not only of the students but also their teachers who did so much to contribute to these results”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000