GCSE RESULTS: The Knights Templar School, Baldock
STUDENTS at the Knights Templar school have fared lower in their GCSE results in comparison to last year.
Sixty nine per cent of pupils achieved five or more A* to C grades including English and maths and 76 per cent achieved five or more A* to C grades.
Headteacher Andrew Pickering said: “Results at GCSE at Knights Templar fell in comparison to last year’s best ever results. This is due to a fall in GCSE English results, a picture which appears to be mirrored across the country. We will be appealing over these English grades.”
46 per cent of pupils got three or more A*s and A grades including 13 students who achieved seven or more A*s.
Among the high achievers were James Dougall who achieved 15 A*s, Aidan Tilbury gained 12 A*s, William Budd got nine A*s, Lizzie Evens achieved nine A*s, Max Johnson secured nine A*s, Nathan Sprittles got nine A*s, Cleo Sullivan gained nine A*s while Cameron Dennis achieved eight A*s.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pickering added: “I want to pay tribute to the hard work and commitment not only of the students but also their teachers who did so much to contribute to these results”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation