GCSE RESULTS: The Heathcote School, Stevenage
Students at Heathcote School were celebrating this morning after achieving the best set of results in the school’s history following the school’s closure.
Sixty three per cent of students achieved A*-C including English and maths and 78 per cent got A*-C in all subjects.
Headteacher Mike Stevens said: “This is the best set of results in the school’s history.”
Several students had outstanding results, notably Rebecca Tremlett whose results included five A*s, three A’s and two B’s, Liam O’Brien got two A*s, seven A’s and one B and Jamie Jackson achieved four A*s, four A’s and three B’s.
Mr Stevens said: “We were particularly pleased with our maths results where over 80 per cent of students achieved A*-C grades.
You may also want to watch:
“Teachers and students worked very hard to make the last year of the school a very successful one and the results reflect the dedication of the staff, the commitment of the students and the support of the parents through a difficult time in the life of the school.”
Heathcote School closed after 57 years as part of a restructuring of education in the town.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?