GCSE RESULTS: St Francis’ College, Letchworth
IT was a 100 per cent pass rate for GCSEs at St Francis’ School in Letchworth GC, with an impressive 92 per cent of all exams an A*-B.
There was also a large number of A* grades at the school - nearly a third of exams were passed with this mark. And 69 per cent of all marks were A* or As.
On top of that, a quarter of all the girls achieved straight A grades for all of their subjects.
The result of the day came from Eleanor Thompson, who got A*s in every single one of her 12 GCSEs. There were also some fantastic grades for Georgina Quayle, who got 11 A*s and one A, and Tanya Gupta, who got 10 A*s and two As.
There was a family celebration in order too, with twins Sophie and Anneka Watts, who are world ranked tennis players at 389 and 925 respectively, got 10 A* and six A grades between them.
You may also want to watch:
“[These are] a truly excellent set of GCSE results with some amazing individual achievements. I am absolutely thrilled for the girls and the staff,” said headteacher Dorothy MacGinty.
There was also success in the English Baccalaurete, which was awarded to 90.2 per cent of all candidates at the school - a six per cent increase on last year.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans