GCSE RESULTS: Samuel Whitbread, Clifton
STUDENTS at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Clifton have achieved record results for a fifth consecutive year.
A total of 63 per cent achieved five A* to C grades, including English and maths, compared with 57 per cent last year.
High achievers include Megan Boyle, Oliver Rayner, Ian Macfarlane and Joel Greer, who all secured seven A* grades and a raft of As, and Heather Mussett and Ryan Ward who achieved six A* grades.
Principal Robert Robson said: “I am really delighted with the results this year.
“I have promised students and parents that the results would rise and I am delighted that students and staff have delivered this so spectacularly this year.
You may also want to watch:
“A six per cent rise in our main headline figure is thrilling, but behind this are hundreds of individual success stories and it’s these that give teachers so much pleasure.
“The staff, students and parents have worked incredibly hard and these results reward all of that effort.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising