GCSE RESULTS: Samuel Whitbread, Clifton
STUDENTS at Samuel Whitbread Community College in Clifton have achieved record results for a fifth consecutive year.
A total of 63 per cent achieved five A* to C grades, including English and maths, compared with 57 per cent last year.
High achievers include Megan Boyle, Oliver Rayner, Ian Macfarlane and Joel Greer, who all secured seven A* grades and a raft of As, and Heather Mussett and Ryan Ward who achieved six A* grades.
Principal Robert Robson said: “I am really delighted with the results this year.
“I have promised students and parents that the results would rise and I am delighted that students and staff have delivered this so spectacularly this year.
“A six per cent rise in our main headline figure is thrilling, but behind this are hundreds of individual success stories and it’s these that give teachers so much pleasure.
“The staff, students and parents have worked incredibly hard and these results reward all of that effort.”
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game