GCSE RESULTS: Princess Helena College, Preston
HALF of all GCSEs at Princess Helena College were A* or A grades.
The Preston school’s grades were up year on year, with nearly a third of all the students gaining at least eight A* or A grades, and all achieving five or more GCSEs at A*-C.
A particular strength was the core subjects, with 98 per cent of English literature grades A*-B and 74 per cent the same in maths.
Science was another strong point for the school, with all biology results an A*-B, and 93 per cent A*-B in chemistry and physics.
All of the Latin and religious studies grades were A*s or As.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Jo-Anne Duncan said: “As a small school, we can focus on each girl’s individual needs and abilities to make sure she fulfils her potential.
“The value added scores that we are able to achieve, with girls gaining nearly two grades higher for each subject than their CAT scores predicted, proves that this approach works.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
“I am delighted by the overall grades which represent the hard work put in by our girls and staff.”