GCSE RESULTS: Princess Helena College, Hitchin
PRINCESS Helena College in Preston followed up a set of stunning A-level results from last week with some fantastic GCSE grades today (Thursday).
In all exams, 75 per cent were passed with A*, A or B grades.
English language and literature results were particularly strong with 97 per cent of all grades between an A*-B. And maths also fared well, with 79 per cent achieving A*-B grades.
In total, 97 per cent of girls got five or more A* to C grades.
Headteacher Jo-Anne Duncan said: “It is wonderful to see a large number of girls achieving the top marks in more than five subjects.
“As a small school, we can focus on each girl’s individual needs and abilities to make sure she fulfils her potential, and I congratulate all the girls and staff on their hard work.
“It is very positive to see girls doing so well in the core subjects and also subjects such as religious studies and business studies, which, although not included in the government’s E-bacc, give girls a strong grounding for their life ahead.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown