GCSE RESULTS: Princess Helena College, Hitchin
PRINCESS Helena College in Preston followed up a set of stunning A-level results from last week with some fantastic GCSE grades today (Thursday).
In all exams, 75 per cent were passed with A*, A or B grades.
English language and literature results were particularly strong with 97 per cent of all grades between an A*-B. And maths also fared well, with 79 per cent achieving A*-B grades.
In total, 97 per cent of girls got five or more A* to C grades.
Headteacher Jo-Anne Duncan said: “It is wonderful to see a large number of girls achieving the top marks in more than five subjects.
You may also want to watch:
“As a small school, we can focus on each girl’s individual needs and abilities to make sure she fulfils her potential, and I congratulate all the girls and staff on their hard work.
“It is very positive to see girls doing so well in the core subjects and also subjects such as religious studies and business studies, which, although not included in the government’s E-bacc, give girls a strong grounding for their life ahead.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation