GCSE RESULTS: Fearnhill School, Letchworth
IT has been a record-breaking year for Fearnhill School with more students than ever before getting A*s and As.
A total of 72 per cent of Year 11 students at the school in Icknield Way, Letchworth GC, achieved five or more passes at A* to C, five months after the school was taken out of special measures by Ofsted.
The school also improved on its pass rate at A* to C including English and Maths with 56 per cent, beating its target set by Hertfordshire County Council for the second year running. More than one third of all passes were at grade B or above.
Stand out performers were Louise Drake with 10 A*s and an A, Jack Copland with nine A*s, four As and a B, Hollie Pitts with eight A*s, three As and a B, and Heather Beard who achieved eight A*s, two As and a B
Other success stories were Richard Ip with seven A*s and three As, Sophie Jennings who got four A*s and seven As, and Reece Anderson with four A*s, six As and a B.
“This is another set of results which demonstrates our success in delivering high academic attainment,” said headteacher Jed Whelan.
“This is a tremendous achievement for the students and staff who worked so hard to obtain these outcomes. These are impressive results and our young people have every right to feel proud about them.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 7 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“The number of A* and A grades is the highest the school has ever attained and I would like to pay tribute to the quality of work of all the staff who have worked tirelessly on behalf of the students. We also acknowledge the huge support we receive from our parents and we all share in celebrating their children’s successes.”