GCSE results day 2017: The Priory School, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Geraint Edwards, head of Hitchin’s Priory School, has been quick to congratulate his students after they received their GCSE results this morning.
He said: “It is a testament to the hard work of our students along with the excellence of their teachers and the great support they receive at home.
“We want to congratulate all of them on their individual successes and look forward to a significant number of them returning to our sixth form in September.
“These young people have a lot to be proud of.”
Top performers include Freya Brawn with three grade 9s, eight A*s and 1 A.
Daisy Doyle who achieved one grade 9, two grade 8s, five A*, two As and one B.
Ronan Riggs with one grade 9, two grade 8s, four A*s, three As and one B.
- 1 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 2 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 3 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Council to build new car park to improve entrance into town
- 7 Stevenage siblings launch funeral fundraiser following Covid death of mum at 47
- 8 ATM stolen during ram raid at Baldock store
- 9 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 10 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
Beth James with two grade 9, one grade 8, three A*s, three As and one B.
Sian Lawrence with two grade 8, one grade 7, five A*s, three As and one B.
Jacques Du Toit with one grade 9, two grade 7, three A*s, five As and one B.
A school spokesman said: “New GCSEs, the increased rigour of the linear exams and the 1-to-9 grading for English and maths saw a definite nervous tension in the air as Priory School students came to pick up their results.
“However, within moments of opening their envelopes, there were plenty of smiles – with students in a celebratory mood after another set of excellent examination results.”
Overall results were not available.