GCSE results day 2017: The Priory School, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Geraint Edwards, head of Hitchin’s Priory School, has been quick to congratulate his students after they received their GCSE results this morning.
He said: “It is a testament to the hard work of our students along with the excellence of their teachers and the great support they receive at home.
“We want to congratulate all of them on their individual successes and look forward to a significant number of them returning to our sixth form in September.
“These young people have a lot to be proud of.”
Top performers include Freya Brawn with three grade 9s, eight A*s and 1 A.
You may also want to watch:
Daisy Doyle who achieved one grade 9, two grade 8s, five A*, two As and one B.
Ronan Riggs with one grade 9, two grade 8s, four A*s, three As and one B.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
Beth James with two grade 9, one grade 8, three A*s, three As and one B.
Sian Lawrence with two grade 8, one grade 7, five A*s, three As and one B.
Jacques Du Toit with one grade 9, two grade 7, three A*s, five As and one B.
A school spokesman said: “New GCSEs, the increased rigour of the linear exams and the 1-to-9 grading for English and maths saw a definite nervous tension in the air as Priory School students came to pick up their results.
“However, within moments of opening their envelopes, there were plenty of smiles – with students in a celebratory mood after another set of excellent examination results.”
Overall results were not available.