GCSE results day 2017: St Christopher School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at St Christopher School in Letchworth are celebrating after 95 per cent of them achieved five or more grades at A* to C or equivalent.
The overall pass rate in the new English and maths GCSEs was 99 per cent at St Christopher, with 90 per cent of students passing with a grade 4 or higher.
Headteacher Richard Palmer said: “We’re delighted with this year’s excellent results and are proud of the work and dedication put in by our pupils to achieve them, supported by their parents and teachers.
“While there are some excellent individual success stories – with a number of students achieving a full house of A*s and the new grade 9 in maths and English – we are equally proud of the students who have worked hard to achieve a pass in a subject that they may have found challenging at the start of the course.
“Congratulations to all of our students who have worked hard and at the same time fully participated in school life. We’re proud of all of their achievements and of the well-rounded, confident and engaged young people that they are.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re especially pleased that so many of our students are staying on at the school, joining a new intake of pupils for sixth form. Our boarding provision is full.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term