GCSE results 2016: The Priory School, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
The head of The Priory School in Hitchin has spoken of smiles and celebrations at the Bedford Road establishment on GCSE results day.
The school posted some notable pupil results for this year including Emma Murry with 10 A*s and two A grades, Natasha Anthony with seven A*s and three As, Oliver Collins with seven A*s and four As, Esme Gianfransesco with four A*s and six As and Megan Stephenson who achieved five A*s, and six As.
Head Geraint Edwards said: “There were plenty of smiles at the school today, where pupils started the day in celebratory mood with another set of excellent examination results.
“With the increased government focus on greater rigour in exams, it is clear Priory students have surpassed this raising of the academic bar.
“It’s testament to the hard work of our students along with the excellence of their teachers and the great support they receive at home.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to congratulate all of them on their individual successes and look forward to a significant number of them returning to our 6th Form in September.
“These young people have a lot to be proud of.”
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 6 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
Overall results were not available.