GCSE results 2016: St Christopher School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The head of Letchworth’s St Christopher School has expressed his satisfaction after his GCSE students attained an 85 per cent A*-C pass rate.
Nine students received straight A* or A grades. Across the whole school, 85 per cent of all grades were between A* and C.
Head Richard Palmer said: “With so many brilliant performances it is impossible to single particular students out.
“All of the girls and boys worked incredibly hard for their exams, and their independent and thorough work will stand them in good stead for the sixth form.
“As a school that does not select on pure academic ability we are very proud of our students, their teachers and are grateful for the support of our students’ families. It is clear that they have thrived in our co-educational and distinctive environment and that they will continue to do so.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, we have many other success stories of young people who have had their aspirations lifted and have achieved their own best. We congratulate them all and look forward to helping them all achieve their full potential in the sixth form.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation