GCSE results 2016: St Christopher School, Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The head of Letchworth’s St Christopher School has expressed his satisfaction after his GCSE students attained an 85 per cent A*-C pass rate.
Nine students received straight A* or A grades. Across the whole school, 85 per cent of all grades were between A* and C.
Head Richard Palmer said: “With so many brilliant performances it is impossible to single particular students out.
“All of the girls and boys worked incredibly hard for their exams, and their independent and thorough work will stand them in good stead for the sixth form.
“As a school that does not select on pure academic ability we are very proud of our students, their teachers and are grateful for the support of our students’ families. It is clear that they have thrived in our co-educational and distinctive environment and that they will continue to do so.
“In addition, we have many other success stories of young people who have had their aspirations lifted and have achieved their own best. We congratulate them all and look forward to helping them all achieve their full potential in the sixth form.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown