GCSE results 2016: North Herts College, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
More than 1,000 students sat maths and English GCSE exams at North Herts College over the summer, and there were plenty of smiles at the Hitchin campus where results were handed out.
AJ Skerka, 17, said: “I tried really hard and got my GCSE in English, so now I feel I’ve actually done something in life. Tomorrow I can enrol to do a BTEC in business on the Hitchin campus.”
Lilly Parsons, a level 2 health and social care student got a C in GCSE maths. She said: “I started an apprenticeship and I really needed a GCSE in maths to carry on in my role. I’m over the moon with my result.”
Benjamin Simmons who got a C in maths said: “I’m really chuffed with my grade, because I plan on going on to do a course in mechanics.”
Also celebrating was mature student Cheryl Harrigan. She said: “I didn’t think I’d get good grades but I have a B and C in English and maths which is what I needed to do teacher training.”
You may also want to watch:
Deputy principal Kit Davies said: “Our student’s maths and English results are testament to the hard work they, and our tutors, have put in throughout the year.
“We support all students to improve their maths and English as part of their chosen course – enabling them to make sure they’ve got the grades and skills they need to get where they want to be in life.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 8 National charity challenge for Samaritans makes its way through Hitchin
- 9 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 10 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
“We offer a huge range of courses designed to help young people realise their potential and pursue careers in their chosen industry sector.
“We’re really excited to welcome new students to NHC over the coming weeks.
“This year, for the first time, we’re guaranteeing that students will progress into further learning, an apprenticeship or job if they actively engage with their course.”