GCSE results 2016: Knights Templar School, Baldock
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Baldock’s Knights Templar School should be very proud of themselves after getting their GCSE results today – that’s according to head Tim Litchfield.
A third of the year group received three or more grades at A* or A grade, with two receiving nine A*s.
Top performers were Benjamin Summer, with nine A*s and an A, and Amelia Chappell, who got nine A*s.
Lia Groves and Danielle Latter each got eight A*s and an A.
Mr Litchfield said: “I am so proud of these students.
“This year group always aimed high and have achieved exceptional results.
“They are a credit to themselves and their parents, and a testament to the remarkable teaching and pastoral support we provide here at Knights Templar.”
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
Year 11 head Nick White added: “Their performance right across the ability range has been fantastic and they have achieved the grades that they need to get to the next step of their education. I wish them well for the future.”
Students with highest grades:
•Benjamin Summer – nine A*, one A
•Amelia Chappell – nine A*
•Lia Groves – eight A*, one A
•Danielle Latter – eight A*, one A
•Jai Garcha – seven A*, two A
•Benjamin Kingsbury – seven A*, two A
•Charles Palinkas – seven A*, two A
•Rishab Gupta – six A*, four A
•Miles Almond – six A*, three A
•James Reid – five A*, five A
•James Luk – five A*, four A
•Samuel Prior – five A*, four A
•Rosie Muge – four A*, six A
•Sacha Stier – four A*, five A
•Oscar Jopp – three A*, seven A
•Louie Goldscheider – one A*, eight A
Students making greatest progress:
•Chiara Volpe – 15 grades above targets
•James Andrews – 14 grades above targets
•Morgan Stanbridge – 13 grades above targets
•Sam Collins – 11 grades above targets
•Amelia Chappell – 10 grades above targets
•Calum Crawford – 10 grades above targets
•Jai Garcha – 10 grades above targets
•Lauren Tompkins – 10 grades above targets
•Miles Almond – 10 grades above targets