GCSE results 2015: Samuel Whitbread Academy, Clifton
- Credit: Archant
The principal of Samuel Whitbread Academy has criticised the maths exam board for changing the grade boundaries, but said he was very pleased with overall results.
Nearly a fifth of all GCSE grades were A* or A, with the Clifton-based academy’s number of top results up on last year.
Principal Rob Robson said: “This is the first year of a huge change in GCSEs and in this context, I am particularly pleased that we have improved our top grades from last year.
“Many students have done exceptionally well and lots have achieved all A*s or As. Biology, physics and chemistry have all continued with their impressive improvements from last year. Many departments have done very well and it is also great to see those students who have made us one of the top sporting schools in the area get outstanding results in their physical education studies.
“I am disappointed the exam board we use for maths, with no prior warning, have made huge changes to their grade boundaries around the C/D borderline and it is testament to the skill of the staff and hard work of the students that we’ve seen our top grades in maths rise.”
You may also want to watch:
The following students achieved at least 10 A* or A grades: Clare Blindell, Nathan Challinor, Ella Devereux, Frank Donachie, Leyla Ghaemi, Lucie Gifford, Eleanor Hare, Will Hazelwood, Khalid Khodier, Christopher McFarlane (who achieved 10 A*s and an A), Rhiannon Mackie, Ellie Roberts, Jake Stanton, Emma Stevens and Steve Thompson.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash