GCSE results 2015: Princess Helena College, Preston
- Credit: Archant
Girls at Princess Helena College have been celebrating this morning after achieving a ‘marvellous’ set of GCSE results.
The college, based in Preston near Hitchin, recorded a clean sweep of A*-A grades in German, music and art, with newly appointed headteacher Sue Wallace-Woodroffe describing their overall results as ‘fantastic’.
She said: “The Year 11 girls have done fantastically well to gain this marvellous set of GCSE grades. Most of them exceeded their predictions and expectations and I congratulate them on their achievements.
“They are now well place to move on to their chosen A-level courses and I look forward to seeing them flourish in the sixth form.
“With the majority of girls achieving higher than their CAT score predictions, and last week’s outstanding A-levels, it has been a fantastic year of results at the college.”
You may also want to watch:
Emily Kilby and Annabel Brining were among the top performers with a plethora of A* and A grades.
“I did not expect to do this well – I am overjoyed and a bit shocked really,” said Annabel.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
“All my teachers have been such a fantastic support, and I am looking forward to continuing at Princess Helena.”