GCSE results 2015: Hitchin Boys’ School
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Hitchin Boys’ School has described this year’s GCSE results as ‘phenomenal’, with more students gaining A*s and As than ever before.
The school has said overall results were ‘strong’, with the new vocational business course achieving a 100 per cent pass rate.
Head Martin Brown said: “There have been some phenomenal results and despite the concern over the many changes at national level, our boys have been exceptional.
“The outstanding results of these individuals and the many other successes in the year group are due to the significant effort of students throughout their time at Hitchin Boys’ and the hard work and expertise of the teaching staff.
“I am delighted they have done so well and look forward to following their progress and success in the sixth form over the next two years.”
You may also want to watch:
Top performers include Ben Hilton (eight A*s and three As) Elliot Colman (six A*s and five As), Raza Chandna (four A*s and seven As), Jordan Lavialle (four A*s and seven As), Samuel Gamble (three A*s and eight As) and Dominic Taylor (nine A*s and an A).
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 8 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin