GCSE results 2015: Hitchin Boys’ School
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Hitchin Boys’ School has described this year’s GCSE results as ‘phenomenal’, with more students gaining A*s and As than ever before.
The school has said overall results were ‘strong’, with the new vocational business course achieving a 100 per cent pass rate.
Head Martin Brown said: “There have been some phenomenal results and despite the concern over the many changes at national level, our boys have been exceptional.
“The outstanding results of these individuals and the many other successes in the year group are due to the significant effort of students throughout their time at Hitchin Boys’ and the hard work and expertise of the teaching staff.
“I am delighted they have done so well and look forward to following their progress and success in the sixth form over the next two years.”
Top performers include Ben Hilton (eight A*s and three As) Elliot Colman (six A*s and five As), Raza Chandna (four A*s and seven As), Jordan Lavialle (four A*s and seven As), Samuel Gamble (three A*s and eight As) and Dominic Taylor (nine A*s and an A).
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 8 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 9 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 10 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?