GCSE results 2014: The Barclay School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Barclay School in Stevenage congratulated her students on their GCSE results, but expects grades to improve after re-mark requests.
A total of 45 per cent of students achieved A* to C grades in five subjects, including maths and English.
The overall pass rate of five grades at A*-C was 62 per cent.
Star performers included Robert Bolton with 6A*s, 4As and an A grade in AS-level critical thinking, Charlotte Lopez with 3A*s and 6As, and Georgia Bishop with 8As and 2Bs.
Robert said: “I’m really happy and I’m now planning to join the sixth form here to study maths, further maths, economics and history, before hopefully going on to Cambridge University.”
You may also want to watch:
Jade Deamer said: “I’m really happy with my results, I just wanted to get the grades I needed to get into Hitchin Girls sixth-form, which I did.” Jade hopes to study psychology, sociology, health and social care, and photography.
Headteacher Debbie Upton said: “I congratulate all of our staff and students for their hard work particularly in the face of the ‘volatile results’ nationwide. Provisionally our 5A* to C including English and Maths figure stands at 45% and we expect an improvement upon this with the requests for re-marks on the students who narrowly missed the grade C.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 3 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 'COVID can't stop us!' - Zimbabwe school fees raised with garden party after Stevenage Day cancelled
- 7 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 8 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 9 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 10 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #CometGCSE