GCSE results 2014: Hitchin Boys’ School
- Credit: Archant
The headteacher of Hitchin Boys’ School is “delighted” to report “significant success” in this year’s GCSE results.
83 per cent of boys at the school achieved A* to C grades in five GCSEs, including maths and English.
Headteacher Martin Brown said: “These are young people, not statistics and these results represent improved life chances for these boys. It is a testament to their hard work along with the excellence of their teachers and the great support they receive at home.
“There have been year-on-year increases in success at both levels and we want to congratulate all the boys on their individual successes. They have a lot to be proud of.”
The school also reported that 90 per cent of students achieved the “good grades required” in their A-level results last Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
• Send in your messages and pictures from results day to @thecomet24 on Twitter using #CometGCSE
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 3 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 6 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Misogyny as a hate crime 'would get us nowhere'