GCSE RESULTS 2013: The Priory School, Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
THE Priory School pupils have “defied” a national downward trend in results by posting the best grades the school has ever seen.
A record 62% of students at the Hitchin school achieved five or more A*-C grades at GCSE/BTEC, including English and maths.
Pupils also did well in the core subjects, with 71% receiving A*-C grades in English, and the same number in maths.
Headteacher Peter Loach, who has now retired, said: “This is yet another record year for our Year 11 students’ results, who just keep defying the continuing depression of results nationally.
“Our students should be so proud of themselves, and of course, colleagues and parents are thrilled too.
You may also want to watch:
“As for me personally, what a joyous last day to be in The Priory. It is remarkable how hard our students and my colleagues work for all to achieve so highly – close to 100% of our boys and girls gained five or more A*-Gs, which is magnificent. I wish everyone well for the future.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin