GCSE RESULTS 2013: Princess Helena College, Preston
- Credit: Archant
NEARLY a quarter of all girls at Princess Helena College received 10 or more A* and A grades.
The Preston school was celebrating its results, which also saw nearly a quarter of all results passed at A* grade.
Emily Guthrie was one of the star pupils with 13 A*s.
Headteacher Jo-Anne Duncan said: “I am delighted to see so many of our girls achieving top grades at GCSEs, particularly at a time when A*s are in decline nationally.
“My particular congratulations go to Emily and to Emma Kendall, Chloe Standen, Libby Ward and Maria Minchenko who also achieved a string of A*s and As.
“It is also very gratifying to see the impact that our individualised approach and small class teaching has across the board, with girls achieving two grades higher on average per subject than their CAT tests predict.”
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages