GCSE RESULTS 2013: Princess Helena College, Preston
- Credit: Archant
NEARLY a quarter of all girls at Princess Helena College received 10 or more A* and A grades.
The Preston school was celebrating its results, which also saw nearly a quarter of all results passed at A* grade.
Emily Guthrie was one of the star pupils with 13 A*s.
Headteacher Jo-Anne Duncan said: “I am delighted to see so many of our girls achieving top grades at GCSEs, particularly at a time when A*s are in decline nationally.
“My particular congratulations go to Emily and to Emma Kendall, Chloe Standen, Libby Ward and Maria Minchenko who also achieved a string of A*s and As.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also very gratifying to see the impact that our individualised approach and small class teaching has across the board, with girls achieving two grades higher on average per subject than their CAT tests predict.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation