GCSE RESULTS 2013: Marriotts School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
THE number of students obtaining five A*-C grades at Marriotts School in Stevenage has improved for the fourth year running.
A total of 90% achieved the feat, with the average grade per student a B.
“This improvement is testimony to the hard work and effort of all of our Marriotts family: staff, students and parents and carers alike,” said incoming headteacher Bethany Honnor, who takes over from Geraint Edwards in September.
“We are delighted for our students and congratulate them for their success. We would like to thank staff for their dedication and the families and friends of our students for their on-going support.
“While performance in core subjects was less strong, this is due to historical curriculum issues which have now been addressed and we are confident that all our examination results will continue to improve year on year.”
You may also want to watch:
Top of the class was Jack Cook who achieved six GCSE grades at A*-B, three BTEC distinction *s and two distinctions.
Charissa Knight got four grades at A*-B, as well as two distinction *s and a distinction.
- 1 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 7 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 10 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
Chloe Jackson obtained five grades at A*-B and two distinctions.