GCSE RESULTS 2013: Marriotts School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
THE number of students obtaining five A*-C grades at Marriotts School in Stevenage has improved for the fourth year running.
A total of 90% achieved the feat, with the average grade per student a B.
“This improvement is testimony to the hard work and effort of all of our Marriotts family: staff, students and parents and carers alike,” said incoming headteacher Bethany Honnor, who takes over from Geraint Edwards in September.
“We are delighted for our students and congratulate them for their success. We would like to thank staff for their dedication and the families and friends of our students for their on-going support.
“While performance in core subjects was less strong, this is due to historical curriculum issues which have now been addressed and we are confident that all our examination results will continue to improve year on year.”
Top of the class was Jack Cook who achieved six GCSE grades at A*-B, three BTEC distinction *s and two distinctions.
Charissa Knight got four grades at A*-B, as well as two distinction *s and a distinction.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 3 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
Chloe Jackson obtained five grades at A*-B and two distinctions.