GCSE RESULTS 2013: Marriotts School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
THE number of students obtaining five A*-C grades at Marriotts School in Stevenage has improved for the fourth year running.
A total of 90% achieved the feat, with the average grade per student a B.
“This improvement is testimony to the hard work and effort of all of our Marriotts family: staff, students and parents and carers alike,” said incoming headteacher Bethany Honnor, who takes over from Geraint Edwards in September.
“We are delighted for our students and congratulate them for their success. We would like to thank staff for their dedication and the families and friends of our students for their on-going support.
“While performance in core subjects was less strong, this is due to historical curriculum issues which have now been addressed and we are confident that all our examination results will continue to improve year on year.”
Top of the class was Jack Cook who achieved six GCSE grades at A*-B, three BTEC distinction *s and two distinctions.
Charissa Knight got four grades at A*-B, as well as two distinction *s and a distinction.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Chloe Jackson obtained five grades at A*-B and two distinctions.