GCSE RESULTS 2013: Barnwell School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
IT WAS all smiles at Barnwell School in Stevenage as students celebrated their results.
The number of students achieving five grades at A*-C was 81%, and of those, 48% had five A*-C grades including English and maths.
Every student who took a BTEC course passed.
Headteacher Tony Fitzpatrick said he was “thrilled” with the maths and science results in particular, with 69% getting A*-C in the former and 89% getting two or more A*-C grades in science.
“Against the backdrop of more stringent examinations, I am pleased that we still continue to make progress,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.
“We are never complacent and with the move to our new middle school completed and the introduction of our college system, we have set the foundations for us to continue significant and rapid whole school progress.”
The chair of governors Julie Ashley-Wren added: “The school is on an exciting journey, I would like to thank Tony Fitzpatrick for leading the school and all the staff for the commitment to ensuring that all students’ progress remains at the heart of the school.”
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 3 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 4 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Top performers include India Cook, who achieved 10 grades at either A* or A.
Alex Byrne, Morgan Price, Claire Hagger all got nine grades at A*-A.
Matt Thornton achieved eight grades at A*-A, while Lewis Meyes got seven A* or As.