GCSE RESULTS 2013: Barnwell School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
IT WAS all smiles at Barnwell School in Stevenage as students celebrated their results.
The number of students achieving five grades at A*-C was 81%, and of those, 48% had five A*-C grades including English and maths.
Every student who took a BTEC course passed.
Headteacher Tony Fitzpatrick said he was “thrilled” with the maths and science results in particular, with 69% getting A*-C in the former and 89% getting two or more A*-C grades in science.
“Against the backdrop of more stringent examinations, I am pleased that we still continue to make progress,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.
You may also want to watch:
“We are never complacent and with the move to our new middle school completed and the introduction of our college system, we have set the foundations for us to continue significant and rapid whole school progress.”
The chair of governors Julie Ashley-Wren added: “The school is on an exciting journey, I would like to thank Tony Fitzpatrick for leading the school and all the staff for the commitment to ensuring that all students’ progress remains at the heart of the school.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 5 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Top performers include India Cook, who achieved 10 grades at either A* or A.
Alex Byrne, Morgan Price, Claire Hagger all got nine grades at A*-A.
Matt Thornton achieved eight grades at A*-A, while Lewis Meyes got seven A* or As.