GCSE RESULTS 2013: Barnwell School, Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
IT WAS all smiles at Barnwell School in Stevenage as students celebrated their results.
The number of students achieving five grades at A*-C was 81%, and of those, 48% had five A*-C grades including English and maths.
Every student who took a BTEC course passed.
Headteacher Tony Fitzpatrick said he was “thrilled” with the maths and science results in particular, with 69% getting A*-C in the former and 89% getting two or more A*-C grades in science.
“Against the backdrop of more stringent examinations, I am pleased that we still continue to make progress,” said Mr Fitzpatrick.
“We are never complacent and with the move to our new middle school completed and the introduction of our college system, we have set the foundations for us to continue significant and rapid whole school progress.”
The chair of governors Julie Ashley-Wren added: “The school is on an exciting journey, I would like to thank Tony Fitzpatrick for leading the school and all the staff for the commitment to ensuring that all students’ progress remains at the heart of the school.”
- 1 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 4 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 7 Vulnerable woman is victim of alleged theft in Hitchin
- 8 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 9 National award for Hitchin property company
- 10 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
Top performers include India Cook, who achieved 10 grades at either A* or A.
Alex Byrne, Morgan Price, Claire Hagger all got nine grades at A*-A.
Matt Thornton achieved eight grades at A*-A, while Lewis Meyes got seven A* or As.