Gallery: Ed Miliband visits apprentices in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Ed Miliband spoke to apprentices at a college today (Monday).
The Labour leader visited North Hertfordshire College’s Stevenage campus to speak to students of subjects such as business administration and engineering.
He said: “I think Stevenage is leading the way in the work that’s being done through the local council and local schools to get their young people some good solid qualifications. It shows what future there can be for our young people when local and central government do the right thing.
“Speaking to the young people here has been great because they are so enthusiastic about what these apprenticeships are offering them and I think it really gives them a good idea of what kind of well-paid jobs they can hope to get in the future.
“I think Stevenage is a great place and I think it’s got fantastic amounts to offer and it needs central government working in partnership with the local council to tackle the things that people here are concerned about. We think councils like Stevenage should have the right to grow, in areas such as housing, and be able to provide for its young people.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage Borough Council leader Sharon Taylor said: “I’m really proud of everything they are doing here at North Herts College to encourage young people into these apprenticeships and so I was delighted when Ed Miliband agreed to come and visit us. I think it’s a wonderful opportunity for us to show off some of the great talent we have here.”
- 1 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory