Friendships flourish in Letchworth as St Francis’ College and Fearnhill School welcome Indian and Spanish exchange students
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at two Letchworth schools have been getting to know some of their overseas counterparts during three-week exchange visits.
Sixteen girls and two teachers from Unison World School, based in Dehradun in northern India, got first-hand experience of the UK while staying at St Francis’ College.
Fearnhill School separately welcomed 12 Spanish students from Vigo, near the Portuguese border. The visitors to Fearnhill stayed with families while those at St Francis’ boarded at the school.
St Francis’ headmistress Bronwen Goulding said: “It was a great joy to welcome back our Unison World School visitors and to reacquaint ourselves with old friends.”
The Spanish teenagers at Fearnhill enjoyed a scavenger hunt around Letchworth and also visited London and Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
At St Francis’, the girls from India gave an insight into their culture, performing dances, sharing cooking tips and giving lessons on the Hindi language and Hindu religion. They visited Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, York Minster, King’s College Chapel in Cambridge and more.
A St Francis’ spokeswoman said: “The girls have formed friendships which wil continue to flourish across the continents.”
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 3 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 9 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 10 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
A party from St Francis’ is set for a return trip to India next year.