Firefighters pass on skills to Baldock students
FIREFIGHTERS passed on the tricks of their trade to Comet country kids on a special course held last week.
Year eight pupils from Knights Templar School and Brandles School, a special school, completed the LIFE course at Baldock and Letchworth Fire Station last week.
Dan Pallett, head of year eight at Knights Templar, said: “The whole course is run by the fire brigade and they spend the week learning how to be fire fighters.
“For health and safety reasons they don’t put out fires, they do hose work and the other day the worked on cutting someone out of a car crash.”
The pupils from both Baldock schools received special uniforms for the duration of the week and even rescued a damsel in distress- a firefighter specially dressed for the occasion.
You may also want to watch:
All the students took part in a passing out parade on Friday and put on a display, showcasing their new skills.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans