Fearnhill: A record breaking year
STUDENTS from Fearnhill School, Letchworth, have achieved a staggering 99 per cent pass rate in the A-level exams.
As well as achieving an increase in the number of students achieving A and B grades to 43 per cent.
Five students received straight A grades including:
Matthew McCloskey who gained 4 straight A grades in Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths. He will now be going to study Medicine at Birmingham University.
Lucy Dollman, who is currently performing at the Edinburgh Fringe, achieved the two new A* grades in Drama and History, and an A in English.
You may also want to watch:
She has secured her place at Nottingham University to study English and Creative writing.
Head Boy, Satjivan Aujla was thrilled with his A* in History and his two A grades in Mathematics and English.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
He will now be studying Law at University College London.
James Hawkes secured three A grades in Business, History and Sociology.
He will now be going to Buckingham University to study Accountancy.
Carissa Morgan also achieved three A grades in Business Studies and Information Technology, she is still to decide what her next step will be.
Jed Whelan, head teacher at Fearnhill, said: “A record breaking year.
“All the hardwork and effort put in by students, staff and parents has been recognised in the impressive pass rate of 99%.”