Famous faces join race for sport
Jedward, Freddy Krueger, and a whole rodeo of cowgirls got together last week to raise money for a school’s sports department.
The colourful bunch of sponsored fancy dress students from Thomas Alleyne in Stevenage ran or walked a 3.5 mile route around the Old Town on Friday to buy new sports equipment at the school.
Head of PE, Gary Pelka, said the day was enjoyed by all and the behaviour of the students was excellent.
“It is estimated that the students have raised over �700 which will now be spent on improving the equipment and facilities within the schools PE department for the benefit of all students,” he said.
As well as raising money, school houses were pitted against each other to finish the course the quickest and for the best fancy dress.
You may also want to watch:
Joshua Burge from year 10 raced to the line first in a time of 23 minutes and 43 seconds.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation