Dragons Den star backs new college academy
A COLLEGE will launch an academy endorsed by a TV dragon this autumn.
A Peter Jones Enterprise Academy will be set up North Hertfordshire College’s Hitchin centre in September to help young people develop their business skills - with the aim of setting up their own business.
Founded by Peter Jones, a star of hit BBC entrepreneurial show Dragons Den, in 2008, at present there are seven academy courses set up across the UK.
NHC will be offering the BTEC level 2 Diploma in Understanding Enterprise and Entrepreneurship along with the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
Jewellery designer Alyssa Smith will be the academy’s entrepreneur in residence.
The former NHC student will be on hand to mentor students with their business ideas, drawing from her own experience of starting her own online jewellery design business based in Letchworth GC.
Speaking about the opportunity, the 24-year-old Hitchin resident said: “I cannot express how excited I am to become the entrepreneur in residence at the new Peter Jones Enterprise Academy. Having been a student myself at North Hertfordshire College, I feel I can now give something back.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 6 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
“I am really looking forward to working with, supporting and motivating the students who come to study with us.”
Peter Jones added: “2011 marks a very important year for the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy and key to this is today’s exciting announcement about the opening of a new Peter Jones accredited college in North Hertfordshire. I am delighted to welcome the college on board and would like to thank them for their support.”
For those interested in studying at the academy, the college will be holding a taster day on July 11 from 10am to 4pm at their Hitchin centre on Cambridge Road.
To book a place call 01462 424242.