Dozens of Biggleswade school applications outstanding as deadline looms
- Credit: Archant
The deadline for school place applications is on Monday, and hundreds in Central Bedfordshire are yet to get their applications in.
The council says it is still waiting to hear from about 250 parents and carers for starting school places, and is short of almost 210 applications for transfer to middle school ahead of the deadline on January 15.
Biggleswade is one of the main areas for outstanding applications, with 26 starting school and 13 middle school forms yet to come in.
A total of 16 applications are outstanding in Sandy, with another eight in Potton and four in Shefford.
Councillor Steven Dixon, responsible for education, said: “If you don’t get your application in before the deadline then you run the risk of missing your first preference and your child or children not starting school or transferring to middle school with their friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Applying online is the quickest and easiest way – and you can review and change your application right up to the deadline.”
To apply online, go to centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/admissions.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision