Deputy head dismissed from Letchworth school
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
A deputy headteacher has been dismissed from her position at a secondary school.
Stella Brennan was suspended from her post at Fearnhill School in Icknield Way, Letchworth GC, just before the end of the summer term last year and did not return to work for the new academic year in September 2013.
The school’s chair of governors, Paul Vaughan, confirmed to the Comet this week that Ms Brennan was dismissed by the governors appeal panel earlier this year.
He said: “Allegations were made against a former member of staff concerning malpractice in the conduct of an exam. The OCR Examination Board upheld the allegation and referred the matter to their malpractice committee.
“The conduct of staff during examinations is taken very seriously by the exam board and the school. A decision was taken by the governors that the position of the staff member was no longer tenable and therefore the member of staff was dismissed.
You may also want to watch:
“The matter has now been dealt with and the school will continue to support its students in maximising their potential.”
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory