Commonwealth Games medalist shows off gymnastic skills at village school
- Credit: Archant
A medal-winning gymnast has shown off his skills at a village school as part of a fundraising effort.
Danny Lawrence, who won a silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, visited Pirton School last week in conjunction with Sports For Schools.
The initiative aims to inspire schoolchildren to become more involved in sporting activities while raising money for sporting equipment.
Pupils were joined by Danny and a ‘sportivator’ in completing a sponsored sports circuit so they can buy new equipment, as well as raising further funds so the scheme can continue to visit schools up and down the country.
Afterwards Danny demonstrated a range of gymnastic skills at a special assembly.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s sports co-ordinator Caroline Downing, who organised the visit, said: “The pupils had a fantastic time. They were really inspired by Danny and his gymnastics skills, and completing the circuit exercises to raise funds. They were motivated on all levels.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?