College students’ winning sandwich to appear in SUBWAY
A GROUP of business students are already beginning to make some dough, after winning a competition which will see a sandwich they designed put on sale at an international food chain.
The three students from North Hertfordshire College (NHC) - 21-year-old Nicola Chappell, 19-year-old Connie Willoughby and 18-year-old Jemma Barker - designed a Sub for SUBWAY as part of a regional competition.
The trio will see their Fiery Fajita, consisting of chicken, lettuce, peppers, Jalape�os, cheese, light mayo and hot chilli sauce, put on sale in stores in eastern England, including Hitchin and Letchworth GC.
The girls, who beat 55 other teams to the prize, also won �1,000 of Amazon vouchers.
Sarah Lee, course leader and business enterprise manager at NHC, said: “The students really enjoyed getting to grips with the competition.
“It was a fantastic opportunity to put their business skills to the test and they all did a great job.
“Winning the competition is absolutely superb and a brilliant reward for all the hard work they girls have put in. They are really looking forward to seeing their Sub and marketing materials in SUBWAY stores.”
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 4 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 7 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 10 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
The students, who are all from the NHC Peter Jones Enterprise Academy, also had to create a marketing campaign and business plan based on the theme ‘great food that makes you feel good’.
They then pitched their ideas, alongside five other finalists, at a Dragon’s Den style panel made up of experts from the chain.
Judge Bob Moodliar said: “All the colleges that entered the competition did an absolutely fantastic job and we were hugely impressed with all the finalists.
“Selecting our overall winner was a tough decision but the girls from NHC really demonstrated that they had spent time understanding their brief.
“We’re looking forward to seeing their marketing plans in action, and are sure everyone will enjoy the Sub just as much as we did.”