Choir and lip-reading classes set to start as new season of adult education courses gets underway at Letchworth Settlement
- Credit: Archant
Letchworth Settlement’s new season of courses is now in full swing, with adult learners picking up skills such as floristry, singing and more.
The adult education centre in Nevells Road, one of the few still going across the UK, is set to mark its centenary in four years’ time. It operates as a charity and has about 700 students on its books.
The classes have included flower arranging, taught by Helen Allen from floral specialists Verdila and focusing on seashore and succulents.
“The classes have gone very well and have been very popular,” said Helen.
“Everyone has said how much they enjoyed having the chance to do something a little bit different.”
You may also want to watch:
Helen’s classes return this Tuesday and Friday, while the centre’s new choir – the Settlement Singers, led by Lorna Reay – kicks off on Monday night at 7.30pm.
Louise Reed’s lip-reading class is set to start on Friday at 10am.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 8 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 9 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 10 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
Later in the month there will be a chance to have a glimpse into the lives of royalty when Eric McClaughlin, formerly of the households staff, visits on Friday, September 30 – and in October an exhibition will be held showing the work of some of the classes.
To find out more call 01462 682828 or have a look at letchworthsettlement.org.uk.