Hitchin caterer gears up to retain regional chef of the year award
- Credit: Archant
A caterer from Hitchin is preparing to defend her title as the East of England’s School Chef of the Year at a regional competition next week.
Katherine Bridge, who works at Breachwood Green JMI School, will look to wow judges for the second year running at the LACA School Chef of the Year Competition on Tuesday, January 21.
With a budget of £1.30 per meal, 90-minute countdown and a panel of judges to impress, Katherine will prepare four portions of a two-course meal suitable for 11-year-old schoolchildren.
This year, Katherine has opted for a Japanese-themed menu - something that falls within budget and offers a balanced, healthy meal.
But even after winning last year's competition, Katherine is feeling the heat this year. She said: "I've prepared as much as I possibly could, but I still wouldn't say I'm feeling confident."
You may also want to watch:
She added: "For me, I love the creative element, producing the food, making it look good."
If Katherine wins again, she promises to hang up her apron for the evening and go out for a celebratory meal with her family.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?