Hitchin primary school wins platinum award for sporting excellence
- Credit: Archant
Breachwood Green JMI School has been awarded the School Games Platinum Mark Award for 2018/19.
The School Games Mark is a government scheme - launched in 2012 - to reward schools for their commitment to sport. Platinum status is awarded to schools who have achieved gold status in five consecutive years.
In 2019, Breachwood Green was crowned Champions of the North Herts School Sports Partnership Rural Football Competition.
School games manager Dan Klinger said: "For a small rural school, it is remarkable the importance they place on physical education. They take part in a variety of events, even though it's not always easy for them."
Headteacher Kirsty Badham added: "I am incredibly proud of our sporting achievements. The children and PE teacher Mr Jones deserve this true recognition for the hard-work and determination they put in."
You may also want to watch:
Breachwood Green JMI has also become the first school in the Harpenden Sports Partnership to win the platinum award.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602