Biggleswade mayor opens new lower school block
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade mayor Michael North was on hand to cut the ribbon at a new lower school classroom block.
Pupils, staff and governors were at Biggleswade Academy for the opening of the new block, which has been named Australia.
The five-classroom block has created an extra 150 lower school places at the academy, with the new pupils joining over a phased five-year period.
Following an assembly with singing from pupils and speeches from principal Shelley Flynn and Year 3-4 leader Emma Welch, visitors admired the new building.
Principal Shelley Flynn said: “The bright, airy and spacious classrooms, with the latest IT technology to support pupil learning, have made the classrooms a delight to work in for both pupils and teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“The inclusion of the mini-library for group work and their own special playground means the new Australia block has been hugely popular with everyone.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?