Biggleswade mayor opens new lower school block
- Credit: Archant
Biggleswade mayor Michael North was on hand to cut the ribbon at a new lower school classroom block.
Pupils, staff and governors were at Biggleswade Academy for the opening of the new block, which has been named Australia.
The five-classroom block has created an extra 150 lower school places at the academy, with the new pupils joining over a phased five-year period.
Following an assembly with singing from pupils and speeches from principal Shelley Flynn and Year 3-4 leader Emma Welch, visitors admired the new building.
Principal Shelley Flynn said: “The bright, airy and spacious classrooms, with the latest IT technology to support pupil learning, have made the classrooms a delight to work in for both pupils and teachers.
“The inclusion of the mini-library for group work and their own special playground means the new Australia block has been hugely popular with everyone.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 8 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 9 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review