Barnwell: Delight at significant improvement in results
STAFF at Barnwell School in Stevenage are “absolutely thrilled and delighted” with the achievements of students in their GCSEs.
Today (Tuesday), 73 per cent of students at the school will discover they have achieved five or more GCSEs at grade C and above.
Of these students, 43 per cent have secured grade C or above in both English and maths.
Headteacher Vivien Swaida said: “The governing body and staff of Barnwell are absolutely thrilled and delighted with the achievements of students.
“What is satisfying about the results this year is the margin of improvement, with almost 20 per cent more students achieving five or more good GCSEs and 11 per cent more gaining both English and mathematics.
You may also want to watch:
“Our joy comes from knowing that these results have made a tangible difference to the lives of our students, opening up more choice about what they can do next, more opportunities to do it, and therefore increased chances of future success.”
She added: “What makes these achievements possible is the unique ethos of the school, which highly values community and the way in which staff and students learn together.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
“Together with the staff, I can say honestly say that teaching really is the best job in the world!”