Barnwell: Delight at significant improvement in results
STAFF at Barnwell School in Stevenage are “absolutely thrilled and delighted” with the achievements of students in their GCSEs.
Today (Tuesday), 73 per cent of students at the school will discover they have achieved five or more GCSEs at grade C and above.
Of these students, 43 per cent have secured grade C or above in both English and maths.
Headteacher Vivien Swaida said: “The governing body and staff of Barnwell are absolutely thrilled and delighted with the achievements of students.
“What is satisfying about the results this year is the margin of improvement, with almost 20 per cent more students achieving five or more good GCSEs and 11 per cent more gaining both English and mathematics.
“Our joy comes from knowing that these results have made a tangible difference to the lives of our students, opening up more choice about what they can do next, more opportunities to do it, and therefore increased chances of future success.”
She added: “What makes these achievements possible is the unique ethos of the school, which highly values community and the way in which staff and students learn together.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 7 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“Together with the staff, I can say honestly say that teaching really is the best job in the world!”