Barclay: Best results ever
STUDENTS and staff at The Barclay School are celebrating their best ever results, as the A* to C pass rate leapt 24 per cent on last year.
“We have our best ever GCSE results, said headteacher Janet Beacom.
“Our five A* to C pass rate is 73 per cent - up from 49 per cent last year - and our five A* to C pass rate including Maths and English is 52 per cent, up from 39 per cent last year.
“We are absolutely thrilled and it has been wonderful to see so many happy students, parents and teachers this morning.”
George Caterer achieved the school’s highest set of results ever with nine A*s and one A.
Other high achievers include Conor Maguire with five A*s and four As, while Greg Adams, Alexandra Busby, Bethany Clarke and Brett Vaton all achieved five As or more.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week