Barclay: Best results ever
STUDENTS and staff at The Barclay School are celebrating their best ever results, as the A* to C pass rate leapt 24 per cent on last year.
“We have our best ever GCSE results, said headteacher Janet Beacom.
“Our five A* to C pass rate is 73 per cent - up from 49 per cent last year - and our five A* to C pass rate including Maths and English is 52 per cent, up from 39 per cent last year.
“We are absolutely thrilled and it has been wonderful to see so many happy students, parents and teachers this morning.”
George Caterer achieved the school’s highest set of results ever with nine A*s and one A.
You may also want to watch:
Other high achievers include Conor Maguire with five A*s and four As, while Greg Adams, Alexandra Busby, Bethany Clarke and Brett Vaton all achieved five As or more.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising