Baldock secondary school appoints new head
- Credit: Archant
A secondary school has announced today (Wednesday) that a new headteacher will take over from September.
The Knights Templar School in Baldock has revealed that Tim Litchfield will replace current head Andrew Pickering from the start of the next academic year, beginning in September.
Mr Litchfield is currently deputy headteacher at Bishop’s Stortford High School.
He said: “I am delighted to have been appointed as headteacher of Knights Templar in its 75th anniversary year. The school is a wonderful community with a strong ethos and sets high standards and high expectations for staff and students.
“I really enjoyed meeting staff and students over the two days of interviews. I look forward to working closely with staff and parents to ensure that every young person is successful and aspires to be the very best they can be.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pickering will leave after eight years in the job.
He said: “I have decided to step down and plan to go into further education. I have loved every minute of my eight years here and have really enjoyed seeing all the children grow up during that time.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation