Baldock school celebrates �1.3m grant for sixth form block
A SCHOOL has been awarded a �1.3m government grant which will be used to build a classroom block for sixth form students.
Knights Templar School in Baldock was told yesterday (Tuesday) that its bid had been successful after an initial application a year ago was turned down.
The project, which totals �1.4m, will see a new block containing seven classrooms built to replace the temporary accommodation currently used by the sixth form at the site in Park Street.
Headteacher Andrew Pickering said he was “delighted” with the decision, adding: “The school’s suffered from under investment for a generation and there’s been no significant building work at the school for many many years. We’re looking forward to providing pupils with the facilities they deserve.”