A-level results: St Francis College, Letchworth
GIRLS at St Francis College achieved a “near perfect pass rate” at A-level.
The college in Broadway, Letchworth GC, had an A* to E pass rate of more than 99 per cent and 92 per cent for A* to C.
A total of 58 per cent of students achieved an A* or A – more than double the national average – with an 83 per cent success rate for A* to B.
“I am delighted that yet again we have achieved a near perfect pass rate, 99.15% this year,” said headteacher Dorothy MacGinty.
“An outstanding aspect is that over 51 per cent of the girls achieved three or more A-levels at A or A* grade. We are particularly proud of the Mathematics results with a 100 per cent pass rate all at A* or A grades.
You may also want to watch:
“Whilst these results are a fantastic testament to the girls and their teachers, it is especially pleasing to see the breadth of courses that the girls are going on to study ranging from Architecture to Veterinary Science, Medicine to Law, at a spread of universities from Oxford and the Russell Group to prestigious institutions overseas.
“I offer my congratulations to all the girls and staff. Good luck at your chosen universities.”
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 7 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 10 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled