A-level results: St Francis College, Letchworth
GIRLS at St Francis College achieved a “near perfect pass rate” at A-level.
The college in Broadway, Letchworth GC, had an A* to E pass rate of more than 99 per cent and 92 per cent for A* to C.
A total of 58 per cent of students achieved an A* or A – more than double the national average – with an 83 per cent success rate for A* to B.
“I am delighted that yet again we have achieved a near perfect pass rate, 99.15% this year,” said headteacher Dorothy MacGinty.
“An outstanding aspect is that over 51 per cent of the girls achieved three or more A-levels at A or A* grade. We are particularly proud of the Mathematics results with a 100 per cent pass rate all at A* or A grades.
“Whilst these results are a fantastic testament to the girls and their teachers, it is especially pleasing to see the breadth of courses that the girls are going on to study ranging from Architecture to Veterinary Science, Medicine to Law, at a spread of universities from Oxford and the Russell Group to prestigious institutions overseas.
“I offer my congratulations to all the girls and staff. Good luck at your chosen universities.”
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 7 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 10 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know